Dec 2021 – Dec 2022 Reconstruction and Energy Efficiency Improvement of the Secondary School of Gargar Village and Piloting Renovations in Drinking Water Supply System
Goal: The general objective of the project is to improve the standard of living in the Gargar Village by providing grassroots solutions to the issues of education facilities (sufficiency and quality of space and energy-efficiency) and drinking water supply.
1. Designing the construction plan for the construction of a second floor with four additional classrooms;
2. Designing the construction plan for the reconstruction of the internal network of the entire village drinking water supply system;
3. Implementation of the construction of additional classrooms, including energy-efficient windows (www.stark.am/en) and interior works;
4. Implementation of the partial construction of the main pipeline;
5. Technical inspection of the school roof and installation of a rooftop solar PV system;
6. External audit of the project; 7. Project management, including monitoring and reporting.
Beneficiaries: The project’s direct beneficiaries are around 189 children studying in secondary school, 3 specialists and employees of the school (26 and 9 ), as well as 1 residents (421 households) that will have improved access to drinking water.
Funding: Embassy of Japan in Armenia
Implementation: The Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development, Armenia Energy Agency