framework of Green Talin initiative,
the Urban Foundation organized a community meeting in which representatives of
the Ministry of Nature Protection and Talin Municipality officials. During the meeting, participants discussed the
ways of engaging residents of Talin in gradual reduction of single usage
School pupils volunteered in designing the Green
Talin logo which will be placed on public education and awareness
materials. Meantime, a survey is being conducted among supermarkets and shops
of Talin to find out the reduction dynamics of plastic waste as a result of
public education activities.
WEB-DEVELOPER for the Online Platform for Water Use Permit Applications for the RoA Ministry of Nature Protection Water Resources Management Agency (WRMA)
The Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development (UFSD) solicits applications from individuals for fulfilling an assignment described below in the framework of the Participatory Utilization and Resources Efficiency of Water (PURE-Water) project funded by USAID.
The overall objective of the PURE-Water Activity is to increase water productivity, efficiency, and quality, as well as foster behavioral change to reduce the rate of groundwater extraction in the Ararat Valley.
Objective of the assignment
The objective of the assignment is to support MoNP in improving e-governance and transparency, particularly, develop an on-line platform for simplified water use permitting process throughsubmission of on-line applications for water use permits and tracking the status of applications.
The online platform should ensure, inter alia:
- Submitting water use permitting applications,
- Uploading documents,
- Tracking the process of application,
- Providing feedback opportunities,
- Notifying about the final decisions,
- Ensuring links to relevant forms andlegislationrelated to water permits, and to other documents of WRMA
The online platform should be interconnected with the databases of the State Water Cadastre Information System(SWCIS)of theWRMA.
Specific tasks to be performed under the assignment
- Assessment of WRMA website and preparationof an action plan for designing and developing the platform
- Designing the structure and interface of the on-line platform for water use permitting applications
- Web-programming of the on-line platform for water use permitting applications
- Testing and debugging of the on-line platform
- Preparation of the user manual for the platform
- Trainings for WRMA and BMO staff on the use of the platform
The successful applicant should closely work with the database programmer of the USAID-funded ASPIRED project and with WRMA who are jointly working on SWCIS improvement
- On-line platform for water use permitting applications along with its source code
- Usermanual for the on-line platform
Duration of the assignment
The assignment shall be carried out within 7 months starting from signing the contract. Indicative timetable is as follows:
||Assessment of WRMA website and preparation of an action plan for designing and developing the platform
||Designing the structure and interface of the on-line platform for water use permitting applications
||Web-programming of on-line water-permitting platform
||Testing and debugging
||Preparation of user manual
||Trainings for WRMA and BMO staff
Tentative start of the assignment is March 1, 2019.
Interested applicants shall submit their CVs electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by February10,2019 indicating the “Web Developer” in the subject line of the email.