The goal of the proposed research is to identify perceptions of the population and opinion leaders of Armenia regarding upcoming consolidation of communities and local governance reform in general. The findings of the research were intended to be used for two purposes: a/ for elaboration of a targeted communication strategy and fine-tuning communication massages; and b/ to measure the change in perceptions of the population.
The following objectives will be addressed within the proposed project:
1. Elaboration of methodology and sampling for the research
2. Development of research tools
3. Conducting of in depth expert interviews with stakeholders – estimated 20 interviews
4. Conducting a baseline survey among population – estimated 300 interviews
5. Preparation of the summary research report
The beneficiaries of the project are stakeholders engaged in local government and public administration reforms including but not limited to: Ministry of Territorial Administration, donor community, specialized CSOs, media, etc.
Funding: Friedrich Ebert Schtiftung