Terms of Reference
WEB-DEVELOPER for the Online Platform for Water Use Permit Applications for the RoA Ministry of Nature Protection Water Resources Management Agency (WRMA)
The Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development (UFSD) solicits applications from Consultants (individual or organization) for fulfilling an assignment described below in the framework of the Participatory Utilization and Resources Efficiency of Water (PURE-Water) project funded by USAID.
The overall objective of the PURE-Water Activity is to increase water productivity, efficiency, and quality, as well as foster behavioral change to reduce the rate of groundwater extraction in the Ararat Valley.
Objective of the assignment
The objective of the assignment is to support MoNP in improving e-governance and transparency, particularly, develop an on-line platform for simplified water use permitting process throughsubmission of on-line applications for water use permits and tracking the status of applications.
The online platform should ensure, inter alia:
• Submitting water use permitting applications,
• Uploading documents,
• Tracking the process of application,
• Providing feedback opportunities,
• Notifying about the final decisions,
• Ensuring links to relevant forms andlegislationrelated to water permits, and to other documents of WRMA website.
The online platform should be interconnected with the databases of the State Water Cadastre Information System(SWCIS)of theWRMA.
Both legal and physical entities are eligible to apply.
In case of legal entities, it should suggest a dedicated staff with relevant experience assigned specifically to this assignment.
Specific tasks to be performed under the assignment
• Assessment of WRMA website and preparationof an action plan for designing and developing the platform
• Designing the structure and interface of the on-line platform for water use permitting applications
• Web-programming of the on-line platform for water use permitting applications
• Testing and debugging of the on-line platform
• Preparation of the user manual for the platform
• Trainings for WRMA and BMO staff on the use of the platform
The successful applicant should closely work with the database programmer of the USAID-funded ASPIRED project and with WRMA who are jointly working on SWCIS improvement
• On-line platform for water use permitting applications along with its source code
• Usermanual for the on-line platform
Duration of the assignment
The assignment shall be carried out within 9 months starting from signing the contract. Indicative timetable is as follows:
N Activity Implementation timeline
1 Assessment of WRMA website and preparation of an action plan for designing and developing the platform February 2019
2 Designing the structure and interface of the on-line platform for water use permitting applications March 2019
3 Web-programming of on-line water-permitting platform March-June, 2019
4 Testing and debugging July, 2019
5 Preparation of user manual August 2019
5 Trainings for WRMA and BMO staff September, 2019
Tentative start of the assignment is February 1, 2019.
Interested applicants shall provide technical and financial applications.
The technical application must include the following documents:
• Brief technical description of concept, approach and methods to be applied for the assignment (max. 1 page)
• CV with relevant qualifications (the potential candidate should have at least Master’sdegree in Computer Sciences or relevant field and at least 3-year experience in web-programming)
• Description of pastexperience of the applicant, particularly, the list of relevant/similar assignments/projects implemented during last 3years (including contact information of the relevant representative of funding organization and links to the web pages designed)(max. 1 page)
• Copies of the applicant’s valid state registration documents in case of legal entities.
The financial application will include budget estimation, per task breakdown and the budget narrative (max 1 page).
Evaluation of Applications
80% of the total score will go to the technical application
• Creativity of approach and concept 15%
• Relevant professional qualifications 30%
• Practical experience in implementing similar tasks 35%
20% of the total score will go to the financial application.
The financial application should not exceedAMD 4.000.000
Interested applicants shall submit the requested documents electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB January 20,2019 indicating the “Web Developer” in the subject line of the email.