PHONE SURVEY INSTRUMENT CONSULTANT (SERVICE AGREEMENT)
Background to the project
The PURE-Water program is supported by USAID and implemented by the Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development, Country Water Partnership and YSU Ecological Law Resource Center. The program is designed to contribute to the creation of an enabling policy and regulatory framework, strengthening and institutionalizing public participation and raising awareness for the improvement of water resource management in the Ararat valley. The Activity will work with all stakeholders affected by the sector, including residents of the Ararat and ArmavirMarzes, local governments, community active groups, etc.
The overall objective of the PURE-Water Program is to increase water productivity, efficiency, and quality, as well as foster behavioral change to reduce the rate of groundwater extraction in the Ararat Valley.
Introduction to the Task
Under the PURE-Water program, the Country Water Partnership is looking for a Consultant who will introduce and install automatic phone survey instrument in the partner communities of the PURE-Water as an oversight and feedback mechanism promoting the more efficient water resources management. At the same time the consultant is expected to train partner communities’ representatives in using the instrument and preparing relevant reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide the Technical Assistance (TA) in data collection methods for the phone survey instrument, and adapt them for water sector.
• Design the oversight and feedback methods through phone survey instrument.
• Install the phone survey instrument in 12 target communities.
• Produce a User-friendly Guide on phone survey instrument design, service and exploitation.
• Provide training modules, as well as training, coaching and mentoring to phone survey instruments’ users, communities active groups and other stakeholders.
• Provide analytical report with recommendations on training and on follow-up, observations of practicing the instrument by communities.
• Perform other duties related to the task per project management request.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in engineering, computer science, communication or other relevant discipline.
• At least 5 years of professional experience.
• Experience in campaign planning and implementation on national or local issues.
• Strong familiarity with national and local government systems and functions.
• Knowledge of and working experience with survey instruments.
• Excellent communication skills: writing, speaking and listening.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as a part of the team.
• Willingness to travel nationally.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Armenian.
• Computer skills, including relevant software.
• Design and concept of the phone survey instrument.
• Installed phone survey instrument in the PURE-Water communities.
• Training modules for practicing phone survey instrument.
• User-friendly Guide on phone survey instrument.
• Report with recommendations on training and on follow-up/observations of practicing the instrument by communities.
Interested candidates should submit their applications in Armenian or in English through e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Phone survey instrument consultant” in the subject line.
The application should include 1) CV of the candidate, 2) short description of relevant experience (no more than 1 page), 3) short description of phone-survey instrument (no more than 1 page).
Deadline: July 10, 2017